Read out

Foreign Language Services Allowances

Please note that the new guideline on for­eign lan­guage ser­vice grants entered into ef­fect on Feb­ru­ary 1, 2017.

WU aca­demic staff mem­bers can ap­ply for al­low­ances for the fol­low­ing types of for­eign lan­guage ser­vices:

Proofread­ing of

  • Articles in aca­demic journ­als rel­ev­ant to WU (WU Journal Rat­ing, De­part­ment Journal Rat­ings, etc.)

  • Con­tri­bu­tions to ed­ited volumes

  • Ap­plic­a­tions for in­ter­na­tional re­search pro­jects, e.g. EU and FWF Aus­trian Science Fund pro­jects

Coach­ing for the present­a­tion of

  • For­eign lan­guage pa­pers at aca­demic con­fer­ences

  • In­vited guest lec­tures in for­eign lan­guages at uni­versit­ies

  • Hear­ings on ap­plic­a­tions for in­ter­na­tional re­search pro­ject fund­ing

Non-e­li­gible ser­vices:

  • Proofread­ing of mono­graphs

  • Proofread­ing in the au­thor’s nat­ive lan­guage

  • For­eign-lan­guage ser­vices used in con­nec­tion with paid con­tract re­search

You can find more de­tails, guidelines, and in­form­a­tion on the ap­plic­a­tion pro­cess in our  re­search fund­ing data­base.