Ein Mann hält ein Papierflugzeug aus einer Weltkarte in die Höhe

Credit Transfer and Learning Agreement

Appointments for a consultation regarding Exchange Semester Abroad via Teams

If you like to arrange a consultation appointment via Teams concerning your exchange semester (Online Application, Credit Transfers, Learning Agreement), please click here.

Credit transfer Online Database

Please bear in mind that the online recognition database does not reflect the course catalog of your partner university, and that courses listed in the database are not necessarily offered every semester at the partner school. The Online Credit Transfer Database is a service offered by WU that is unique in Austria for its students for orientation purposes. Please note that no legal claim can be derived from this.

ATTENTION: Not all courses listed in the database are offered every semester at the partner university. Please note that grades will be converted as listed in the database. Appeals against the academic judgment of examiners shall be impermissible (§ 79 Universities Act), also in proceedings concerning credit transfer.

How does the application process work?

The course review is only possible via the online application. This requires a nomination at the respective partner university.

If a course is not equivalent, you can change courses during the ongoing procedure.

You are always able to change your courses during the pre-recognition period if the credits cannot be transferred to the WU. You will receive the "Feststellungsbescheid" by the end of the pre-recognition. The time at which the online application should be submitted depends on the partner university.

Find out in advance about the following points:

  • When do I have to announce the courses at the partner university?

  • How much time do I have to change courses?

  • How does the course registration work?

Obtaining a Pre-Recognition Notice and Learning Agreement prior to an Exchange Period Abroad

If you have been nominated to spend a semester at a partner university abroad, you can go to bach.wu.ac.at and submit an application for pre-recognition prior to your exchange period to determine the equivalence of the courses you plan to take abroad to the courses prescribed by the applicable WU curriculum. If you receive an Erasmus grant, this application also serves to request a Learning Agreement.

Please note that you can only submit the online application once. You should only submit your application once you know for certain which courses you will take during your exchange period abroad. For quick, preliminary information on courses that are eligible for credit transfer, please check the online database for credit transfer. All the courses are eligible for credit transfer – no additional confirmations are needed.

Before Your Stay at the Partner University – Online Application

During Your Stay at the Partner University

After Your Stay Abroad

Federal financial aid