Studierende sitzen in der Wiese vor dem D4

PhD/Doctoral exchange at WU

Sie sehen einen Mann und eine Frau die sich auf dem Computer etwas anschauen.

We welcome all PhD and doctoral students who are interested in a stay at WU. Below you will find information on the different options how you can spend an exchange at our university.

If you are enrolled in a PhD or doctoral program at your home university and have found a supervisor from WU for the duration of your stay, you can spend an exchange period at WU (non-degree seeking). If you are interested in enrolling and completing your doctoral studies at WU (degree seeking), please have a look at the regulations for application and admission.

Should you come to WU for an exchange with student status, you do not have to pay tuition fees. However, you will still have to pay the student union dues.

Exchange stay with Erasmus+ scholarship

Incoming PhD and doctoral students with OeAD scholarship (Aktion Österreich, Ernst Mach-Stipendium)

Incoming PhD/doctoral students without scholarship