Read out

Non-Degree Program Students

As a non-de­gree pro­gram stu­dent you are en­titled to at­tend in­di­vidual courses in aca­demic sub­jects. As you are not en­rolled in a de­gree pro­gram, however, it is not possible to earn a de­gree as a non-de­gree pro­gram stu­dent.

Credit for ex­am­in­a­tions passed as a non-de­gree pro­gram stu­dent can only be trans­ferred to­wards a de­gree pro­gram if they were com­pleted BE­FORE com­plet­ing a sec­ond­ary school leav­ing ex­am­in­a­tion or a uni­versity en­trance qual­i­fic­a­tion ex­am­in­a­tion (Stud­i­en­berech­ti­gung­sprüfung).

How to en­roll:


The first step is to en­ter your per­sonal data into the on­line form.  

Make an ap­point­ment on­line

Dur­ing pre-re­gis­tra­tion, please make an ad­mis­sion ap­point­ment on­line. It is only possible to make an ap­point­ment dur­ing the gen­eral en­roll­ment period. To make an ap­point­ment, log in with your email ad­dress and pass­word and se­lect a con­veni­ent date and time.

Di­gital ID photo

You will need a di­gital photo for your stu­dent ID.  

  • Op­tion 1: Up­load a pass­port photo when you pre-re­gister on­line.

  • Op­tion 2: Take an ID photo us­ing the self-ser­vice ter­min­als out­side the Study Ser­vice Center. Log in with your email ad­dress and pass­word to save the photo.


Please bring the fol­low­ing ori­ginal doc­u­ments to the Ad­mis­sions Of­fice in per­son:

  • Valid travel doc­u­ment (pass­port or na­tional iden­tity card)

If ap­plic­able:

  • Aus­trian in­sur­ance e-­card

  • Proof of a pre­vi­ously is­sued Aus­trian stu­dent ID no. (stu­dent ID card, en­roll­ment in­form­a­tion sheet , or en­roll­ment con­firm­a­tion)

Pay­ing tu­ition fees

Non-de­gree pro­gram stu­dents of all na­tion­al­it­ies are sub­ject to tu­ition fees from the first semester on and are re­quired to pay stu­dents’ union dues. Click here for in­form­a­tion on pay­ing tu­ition fees and stu­dents’ union dues.  

WU ac­count

You will be given the ac­cess in­form­a­tion for your WU ac­count at ad­mis­sion.

En­rolling as a de­gree pro­gram stu­dent

As soon as you have suc­cess­fully com­pleted your sec­ond­ary school leav­ing ex­am­in­a­tion or a uni­versity en­trance qual­i­fic­a­tion ex­am­in­a­tion, bring the ap­pro­pri­ate cer­ti­fic­ate and your stu­dent ID to the Ad­mis­sions Of­fice ser­vice desk. Please ob­serve the en­roll­ment period and bear in mind that ap­plic­a­tion pro­ced­ures may ap­ply for bach­elor’s pro­grams.