Current job advertisement (864): Teaching and Research Associate Part-time, 30 hours/week
The Institute for Data, Process and Knowledge Management is currently inviting applications for a
Teaching and Research Associate
Part-time, 30 hours/week
- Research: We expect the candidate to work with us in research projects in the research areas of the institute around intelligent data management, Knowledge Graphs, Open and Linked Data, with a particular focus an scalable integration, enrichment, search and querying and understanding of large heterogeneous data assets.
- Dissertation: The candidate is expected to pursue a PhD and submit a PhD thesis in a topic related to these research topics.
- Teaching: The position involves teaching opportunities, such as conducting undergraduate courses and co-supervision of Bachelor and Master thesis.
- Administration: Support in organizational tasks within the institute.
The candidates must have a master degree in computer science, information systems, business informatics (or a related field of study) with a solid practical & theoretical foundation in at least one of the following topic areas:
- semantic web and knowledge graphs
- data science, data mining
- machine learning and other branches of artificial intelligence (including information extraction, NLP, etc.)
- knowledge representation & reasoning
- big data management
Particularly, we are interested in candidates who are willing to pursue research in combining complementary topics: crawling and archiving methods of large collections of (semi-)structured data; scalable analysis of distributed or heterogeneous data sources; interlinking and integration of such data collections by combining and fundamentally extending machine learning and information extraction methods as well as formal logic reasoning methods. Of course we do not expect proficiency in all these areas, but an interest in both exploring routes to combine several methods and/or fundamental research in extending the state of the art in these fields.
We expect excellent study results, knowledge of programming languages such as Python and Java, structured data formats such as JSON, XML and RDF, and query languages such as SQL, SPARQL, or graph query languages, etc. as well as proficiency in English. Experience within research projects or conducting scientific work (e.g. in forms of peer-reviewed publications) is a plus, where the main characteristics we expect is excitement and interest for working scientifically. Willingness to use multimedia formats in teaching (for positions from predoc level upwards).
The minimum gross monthly salary is €2.196,75, subject to adjustment if candidates can document relevant prior professional experience.
This employee position will be limited to a period of six years, starting on March 01, 2021 (commencement date subject to change).
If you are interested in a job with diverse responsibilities in a pleasant, stimulating work environment, please submit your application by January 31, 2021 under www.wu.ac.at/jobs (ID 864).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!