Mag. Dr. Barbara Haas
Postdoctoral Lecture Qualification in Sociology (Venia Docendi)
WU (Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien)
Vienna University of Economics and Business
Welthandelsplatz 1, Gebäude D4, 1020 Vienna, Austria
Room: second floor/room D4.2.246
Contact Hours: By previous email appointment
Barbara Haas is Senior Lecturer at the Department Socioeconomics of the Vienna University of Economics and Business.
Fields of Research and Teaching
· sociology of work (paid work, welfare, care, unemployment)
· inequalities and life course studies (education and gender)
· social, family and labour market policies
· international welfare state comparisons
· methods in empirical research (quantitative and qualitative methods, mixed methods)
For more detailed information please see the Teaching Programs of the Vienna University of Economics and Business – under the Link „Programs“.
Actual Research Project
Haas, Barbara (2012 - 2014): Changes in Household Employment Patterns and
Social Impacts of the Economic Crisis? A cross-national comparison between Austria and Denmark in
2004 and 2010; funded by the Jubilee Fund of the Austrian National Bank in Vienna,
awarded as Top-Research Project 2012 of the Vienna University of Economics and Business.
Research and Teaching