Students taking this course are assumed to have reached the level of English represented by a pass in the Austrian Matura examination in English.
In EBC1, students are required to demonstrate a level of general English competence equivalent to at least B2 on the Common European Framework .
Additionally, after successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
1. Understand and apply key reading strategies
2. Appreciate the key principles of paragraphing and apply them in your reading and writing
3. Write appropriate and effective texts for a range of different business situations
4. Understand and apply the concept of the Businesslike Zone
5. Develop and use a range of business vocabulary and collocations correctly
6. Apply key language features such tense usage and linkers to optimise communication
7. Draw comparisons and report results of analyses accurately and effectively
8. Describe graphs, charts, projects and processes clearly and accurately
9. Compare business opportunities in writing and speech
10. Participate actively and effectively in semi-formal business meetings held in English