Das TC Gebäude bei Nacht.

International Office

Der Inhalt dieser Seite ist aktuell nur auf Englisch verfügbar.

FAQs outgoing students summer semester 22

Please note that this page is being continuously updated as the situation develops. For the most up-​to-date information, please refresh the page regularly by pressing Ctrl+F5 (on Windows) or deleting your cache before refreshing (on Mac).
Last update: September 01, 2022, 2:00pm

I need my exchange semester for the IBW international experience (IBW-Auslandserfahrung). What happens if my partner university cancels the exchange or if I decide not to go abroad? Can I still finish my IBW studies?

  • If you cannot take up your studies abroad due to COVID-19, you can complete the bachelor's program without proof of experience abroad. The same applies to you if you do not want to go abroad for personal reasons associated with COVID-​19. If you plan to make use of this special regulation, please inform your regional exchange coordinator about your plan.

  • You also have the option to withdraw from the exchange program and apply for a new spot during one of the upcoming application periods (for an exchange semester, a short program or an international summer university). For further information on application periods, please refer to our dates and deadlines for bachelor students.

  • Currently, the exception defined above is only available for those outgoing students who are nominated for an exchange program during the winter semester 2020/21, summer semester 2021, winter semester 2021/22 or summer semester 2022.

  • Please note → As of October 1, 2021: If you are enrolled in the curriculum BaWiSo 2019, only one mobility is required to fulfill the IBW international experience. For further information, please click here.