Call for Papers on Topic "Blockchain & Sustainability" in Journal "Frontiers in Blockchain"
We invite papers that address potential of Blockchain technologies to meet Sustainable Development Goals and address other sustainability issues. Abstract submission 12 April 2019, full manuscripts - due to 10 August 2019.
We invite papers on the following topics:
- Conceptual and normative frameworks to structure the research field;
- Sustainable Blockchain: LCA or other assessments of Blockchain applications and suggestions/ideas how to make Blockchains more sustainable, for example, the alternative consensus mechanisms to Proof of Work, or off-chain scaling solutions;
- Blockchain-based use cases that specifically analyse and assess (a) more transparency within global supply chains or real and financial goods and services; (b) more transparency about individual and collective action; (c) reduction of power asymmetries within organizations or in specific markets; (d) define whether and how sustainable behaviour can be incentivized with purpose-driven tokens;
- Development of assessment tools for sustainability impact measurement of Blockchain-based projects;
- Blockchain in a sustainable world: How could Blockchain contribute to sustainability transformation.
Details and submissions here: https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/9816/blockchain-and-sustainability
Back to overview